Privacy Statement – www.plasticroad.eu
This Privacy Statement relates to the processing of personal data shared by visitors to the website www.plasticroad.eu operated by KWS. At KWS, we respect the privacy of visitors to our website and will handle your personal data with the utmost care. In this context, we will consistently abide by all current privacy legislation and regulations. KWS is a company of Royal VolkerWessels N.V. Your personal data may be processed by VolkerWessels or one of its operating companies (hereafter referred to as: VolkerWessels). In this Privacy Statement, we will explain in which ways we may process your personal data.
- For which purposes are personal data processed, and which specific information is processed?
We may use personal data shared by the visitors to our website (hereafter referred to as: visitors) for one or more of the following purposes:
- Sending out newsletters
- Registering for events
- Ordering articles via our website
- Handling questions and complaints
- Performing customer satisfaction surveys
- Processing service requests
We process the following personal data as shared by all our visitors:
- IP address
- Cookies (non-commercial variants)
- Web browser and device type
- Surfing behaviour
In addition, you are welcome to voluntarily submit personal data via our website for one of the aforementioned purposes.
We will only process those personal details that you yourself have voluntarily submitted:
- First name and surname
- Email address
- Street address
- Telephone number
- How are personal data collected?
Visitors’ personal data are collected in a number of ways, including:
- Through visitors’ use of the website and cookies installed by the website during use
- When a visitor submits personal data of his or her own accord
- How are personal data protected?
We take the security of personal data shared by visitors to our website very seriously and have taken the appropriate organisational and technical measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted publication and the unauthorised modification or otherwise unauthorised processing of said data. All staff members who are able to access your personal data are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and may solely access this information if this is explicitly required in the context of their assigned duties.
- Which rights do visitors have, and how can they exercise these rights?
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), visitors enjoy a number of rights in relation to their personal data in the interest of safeguarding their privacy:
- Right to access data
- Right to correct/supplement data
- Right to remove data
- Right to restrict processing of data
- Right to transfer data
- Right to object against processing of data
A request associated with the exercise of one or more of the above rights may be submitted in writing to KWS, which can be contacted via the email address email@example.com. To verify that you are indeed the party involved, we kindly ask you to include a copy of a valid identity document with your request. To safeguard your privacy, please black out both your passport photo and your citizen service number (BSN) on this copy.
After receiving your request, we will start by weighing the various interests – depending on the nature of the request. After this, we will determine whether we are able and allowed to honour your request. We will then send you a reply with the appropriate response.
If you do not receive a timely response to your request, or if your request is denied, you are free to file an objection with VolkerWessels’ Privacy Taskforce via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you always have the right to file an objection with the Dutch Data Protection Authority or initiate court proceedings.
- Sharing of personal data with third parties
We may share visitors’ personal data with one or more of the following parties:
- Principals, collaboration partners or clients of VolkerWessels
- Companies within the VolkerWessels group
- Service providers that are engaged by VolkerWessels to provide services on the group’s behalf
- Third parties, including – but not limited to – regulators, the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration and other government agencies in compliance with possible legal obligations
In cases where we engage a third party to process personal data on our behalf, we will sign a processing agreement with this party to ensure that the protection of visitors’ personal data remains at the required level and confidentiality is preserved.
- Storage term
Visitors’ personal data will be stored in our database no longer than strictly necessary for the purposes for which they have been collected, except in cases where we have a legal obligation to store said information for a longer term.
- Links to third-party websites
Our website may include references and/or hyperlinks to one or more third-party websites. We are in no way liable for how these third parties handle their obligations in the context of privacy legislation. We advise visitors to these third-party websites to consult the privacy statement on the site in question to inform themselves about how the third party will be handling their personal data.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at our discretion. Changes to this Privacy Statement will be announced on our website. Please check our website regularly to stay up to date on possible changes. This Privacy Statement was updated on 22-05-2018.
- Contact / questions
If you have any questions regarding the contents of this Privacy Statement, please contact us via the email address email@example.com.