A site needs to satisfy a number of conditions to be suited for the installation of CCL elements:
- A minimum groundwater level of 0.60 cm below ground level..
- A properly profiled and compacted sand bed of at least 30 to 50 cm. The sand used in the sand bed has to have the correct hydraulic conductivity (K value).
- In the case of a clay soil, the site also needs to have drainage system installed.
- The elements need to be installed with the aid of a vacuum unit. This can be done using a mobile crane or an articulated loader. Before work starts on installing the CCL elements, the contractor will be provided with instructions listing the necessary points of attention during construction.
- The current CCL series does not include road bends. This means that for the moment, you can only realise straight stretches with this system.